- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, J.D., 2008
Honors: summa cum laude
Chancellor’s Scholar Award (first in graduating class)
- Oak Brook College of Law and Government Policy, Fresno, CA, J.D., 2003
Honors: magna cum laude
Kevin D. Koons, Partner
Kevin Koons represents clients in a variety of industries and practice areas on litigated matters. Koons routinely handles employment litigation, business litigation and municipal government litigation. His municipal government cases have addressed issues involving land use decisions, public employment, and inter-governmental disputes. Koons is admitted to practice law in both Indiana and California.
His experience as an aide to a congressman and as a law clerk for a nonprofit organization enhance his experience and add dimension to his relationships with clients.
Outside the office, Kevin enjoys classical music, recreational basketball, coaching soccer and participating in church and family activities. He and his wife have four young children.
- Hollis v. Defender Sec. Co., 941 N.E.2d 536 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011) – Defended employer against employee’s state law wage claim and class action attempt.
- Dado v. Pabey, 2011 WL 854908 (N.D. Ind. 2011) – Defended public employer in employee’s race discrimination and politically motivated discharge claims.
- Represented minority business owner in arbitration of corporate fiduciary and franchise dispute.
- R.L. Turner Corp. v. Town of Brownsburg, 963 N.E.2d 453 (Ind. 2012) – Represented owner in construction dispute involving attorneys’ fee award.
- Brownsburg Mun. Bldg. Corp. v. R.L. Turner Corp., 933 N.E.2d 905 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010) – Represented owner in construction dispute involving an interpretation of an AIA contract provision that the architect may render final and binding decisions relating to the project.
- Indiana Ass’n of Beverage Retailers, Inc. v. Indiana Alcohol & Tobacco Comm’n, 945 N.E.2d 187 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011) – Represented intervening trade association to defend governmental agency’s interpretation of new statutory alcohol license quotas.
- Indiana, 2008
- California, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Oak Brook College of Law Alumni Association
Founding Member and Past President, 2004-2006
- Christ Church Reformed Presbyterian
- Physician Employee Non-Compete Agreements on the Examining Table: The Need to Better Protect Patients’ and the Public’s Interests in Indiana, 6 IND. HEALTH L. REV. 253 (2009)
- Recent Developments in Indiana Case Law Affecting Business (co-author) (Smith Barney Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2008)
- 2008 Year-in-Review: UCC Update (ICLEF Seminar 2008)
- Presenter, “2009 Year-in-Review: UCC Update,” ICLEF Seminar, December 8, 2009
- Presenter, “2008 Year-in-Review: UCC Update,” ICLEF Seminar, December 4, 2008