Harley K. Means, Partner
Harley K. Means concentrates his practice in the areas of creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, secured transactions, foreclosure, and bankruptcy matters.
He represents a variety of clients in Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including secured and unsecured lenders, bankruptcy trustees, court appointed receivers and individual and corporate debtors. Harley both prosecutes and defends bankruptcy litigation involving fraudulent transfers, preferences, reclassification of claims, and non-dischargeability actions.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Harley also practices in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial and residential foreclosure, loan workouts, and loan restructuring, representing both financial institutions and borrowers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- IndianapolisBar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Bankruptcy Section
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
- IvyTech Community Collegeparalegal advisory board
- Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee for the Southern District of Indiana
Professional Articles and Presentations
- “Avoiding Section 707(b) through Section 706(b)”, Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Roundtable, (2016)
- “In Pari Delicto – Background and Recent Developments”, Leonard H. Opperman Chapter 11 Roundtable, (2014)
- “Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Lease/Purchase Agreements, Final Judgments and How Confirmation Orders are Treated”
- “Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Law”
- “Treatment of Secured Creditors in Chapter 13 and Chapter 7″
- “Recent Developments Regarding Personal Property Retention and Reaffirmation Disclosures under BAPCPA
- Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2001