- Indiana University McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, J.D.
Honors: magna cum laude
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, B.A. in Public Affairs
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Amanda D. Stafford, Senior Counsel
Amanda Stafford is a litigation attorney, focusing her practice on commercial, bankruptcy and business litigation. She regularly represents debtors, creditors, and trustees in bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related litigation, with a particular emphasis on defending and prosecuting avoidance actions and nondischargeability actions. Amanda also prosecutes and defends commercial litigation and foreclosure proceedings. In addition to her litigation practice, Amanda represents businesses and individuals in commercial and consumer collection matters.
Prior to earning her J.D., magna cum laude, from Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indianapolis, Amanda worked as a legal assistant at a creditor’s rights firm in Indianapolis where she gained invaluable practical experience in bankruptcy, foreclosure, and commercial litigation. She continued working full-time as a legal assistant and then as a law clerk while attending Robert H. McKinney School of Law. In law school, Amanda received several scholarships and was a member of the Indiana Law Review for two years. She also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Michael P. Barnes at the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Honors and Awards
- Program Chair, Indianapolis Bar Association, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, 2016
- Indiana Law Review – Note Development Editor
- Recipient, Neil E. Shook Scholarship, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Recipient, Larry W. Suciu Windfall Award, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Recipient, Robert S. Smith Memorial Scholarship, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), 2013 – Present
Represents and protects the best interests of children in Marion County who are involved in legal proceedings who have been the victims of life-threatening abuse or neglect.
- In Pari Delicto– Background and Recent Developments
Co-presenter, 2014 Leonard H. Opperman Chapter 11 Roundtable, 2014
- Prejudgment Remedies, Replevin, Garnishments, and Receivership
Co-author, Collections Tips for Going Green, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, 2013
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Lease/Purchase Agreements, Final Judgments & Confirmation Orders
Co-author, Indianapolis Bar Association Commercial & Bankruptcy Section, 2013
- Educap, Inc. d/b/a Loan to Learn (In re Thorpe), No. 14-50054 (Bankr. S.D. Ind. Jan. 28, 2015).
- Knauer v. Zeien (In re Eastern Livestock Co., LLC), No. 12-59147, 2013 WL 6048813 (Bankr. S.D. Ind. Nov. 15, 2013).