Madalyn S. Kinsey, Partner
Madalyn S. Kinsey focuses her practice in the representation of financial institutions in commercial lending transactions, real estate financings, work-outs, and bank regulatory matters. She represents real estate developers and investors in the construction, acquisition, management, and leasing of commercial real estate projects. She represents business entities in complex financings and joint ventures. She also represents lenders and borrowers in aircraft and ship financings. Before joining the firm, Madalyn held the positions of Senior Counsel with JPMorgan Chase Bank (formerly Bank One, N.A.), and Senior Counsel with Bank of America in Chicago and San Francisco.
- Represented Administrative Agent in $42,500,000 syndicated credit to operator of network of five national fast food chains, secured by mortgages on 200+ owned and leased stores in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Kentucky, and by collateral assignments of franchise agreements.
- Represented corporate borrower in $130,000,000 syndicated borrowing secured by all assets of the borrower.
- On-going representation of national floor plan lender in extending floor plan, dealer acquisition, and construction loans to motor vehicle dealers located in Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan.
- Acted as special local counsel to non-stock, non-profit corporation in connection with the issuance by the City of Carmel, Indiana, of $119,245,000 revenue bonds for the construction of a senior living community.
- Represented Administrative Agent in $145,000,000 syndicated credit to heavy machinery dealer in leveraged buy-out of competitor, secured by all assets, with substantial subordinated debt.
- Represented lender in term financing to Indiana subsidiary of Canadian holding company secured by business assests in the U.S. and Canada; guaranteed by Canadian business entities
Honors and Awards
- “Indiana Super Lawyer” in Banking and Financial by Indianapolis Monthly Magazine and Law and Politics Magazine, 2005 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005 – Present
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Distinguished Fellow of Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association President’s Award
- Graduate of Leadership Development Program, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
- Speaker on commercial lending, Annual RMA commercial lending school.
- Author of The Ghost of Cheeney Creek (2014), The Mystery of Gatewood Airport (2015), and The Man Who Defied Gravity (2016), published by Dog Ear Publishing, available at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and fine bookstores everywhere. For more information see https://www.amazon.com/author/madalynkinsey; and http://www.madalynkinsey.com.