Harley K. Means, Partner
Harley K. Means concentrates his practice in the areas of creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, secured transactions, foreclosure, and bankruptcy matters.
He represents a variety of clients in Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including secured and unsecured lenders, bankruptcy trustees, court appointed receivers and individual and corporate debtors. Harley both prosecutes and defends bankruptcy litigation involving fraudulent transfers, preferences, reclassification of claims, and non-dischargeability actions.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Harley also practices in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial and residential foreclosure, loan workouts, and loan restructuring, representing both financial institutions and borrowers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- IndianapolisBar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Bankruptcy Section
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
- IvyTech Community Collegeparalegal advisory board
- Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee for the Southern District of Indiana
Professional Articles and Presentations
- “Avoiding Section 707(b) through Section 706(b)”, Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Roundtable, Indianapolis Bar Association, April 28, 2016
- “In Pari Delicto – Background and Recent Developments”, Leonard H. Opperman Chapter 11 Roundtable, Indianapolis Bar Association, May 9, 2014
- “Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Lease/Purchase Agreements, Final Judgments and How Confirmation Orders are Treated”, Indianapolis Bar Association, July 18, 2013
- “Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Law”, National Business Institute, December 16, 2009
- “Treatment of Secured Creditors in Chapter 13 and Chapter 7″, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, December 17, 2008
- “Treatment of Secured Creditors in Chapter 13″, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, March 19, 2008
- “Chapter 13 Update”, Indianapolis Bar Association, September 20, 2007
- “Recent Developments Regarding Personal Property Retention and Reaffirmation Disclosures under BAPCPA”, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, December 15, 2006
- “Secured Creditor Issues and Recent Developments regarding Personal Property Retention and 910 Day Personal Property Claims Under BAPCPA”, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, April 21, 2006
- Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2001